Town Hall #354 Main Street, Kentville c.1990 In 1887, the offices for the Town Hall were leased from John Blanchard for the rental of seventy-five dollars per year.In 1896, the town conducted its business in the Chipman Building on Main Street, near the present Town Hall.These dykes created the ideal fertile soil that the Annapolis Valley is known for.The Acadians were expelled from the area in the Bay of Fundy Campaign (1755) by the British authorities because they would not swear allegiance to the British King. Settlement was expedited by the United Empire Loyalists during the American Revolution.The median household income in 2005 for Kentville was ,164, which is below the Nova Scotia provincial average of ,605.During the early part of the 20th century Kentville emerged as the business centre of Kings County and despite the post-war loss of commerce to other valley communities, it remains the professional centre of the Annapolis Valley.
The village was at first relatively small and dwarfed by larger valley towns with better harbours such as Canning and Wolfville.
Kentville faced serious challenges after World War II.
The dominant apple industry suffered severe declines due to the loss of its British export market.
This Town Hall was officially opened on October 5, 1953 with Mayor R. There was a great deal of debate about whether to build a new Hall or to renovate the old one.
In the end the Town Hall was joined to the old Maritime Tel & Tel building in a ten month renovation project which was started in October, 1989.